Preparation of the fabulous steak, in 7 steps:
1. Take a piece of pork scruff, loin or leg of 1.5-2 kg (depending on how many servings) and remove its excessive fat and membranes
2. Prepare a paste of spices from the following ingredients: coarse salt, ground pepper, sweat paprika, dried basil, dried thyme, 3-4 garlic cloves and other spices of your choice, 1 teaspoon each. All of them are mixed in a mortar and powdered until the garlic is made into a sauce. In the end, add 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
3. Season the meat with this paste. Here and there, with a knife, make small cuts in the meat and then season the meat with the paste of spices. Put the paste in the small cuts.
4. Cover the entire meat with foil and marinate for at least one hour or, if you have time, you can leave it for the night.
5. The vegetable sauce is made using the following ingredients: 2 tablespoons of cooking oil; 1 large onion; 3-4 smaller carrots; 2 celeries; 3 cloves of garlic; 2 tablespoons of tomato paste; 2 bay leaves; 1 rosemary branch; 1 tablespoon of honey; 1 bottle of stout.
The vegetables are cut in small pieces and sautéed (onion, carrot, celery, garlic) until soften a bit, add the bay, rosemary and tomato paste, then add the honey and stir well. In the end, add up with water in order to have a sufficient quantity of liquid covering the meat up to half of its height. When the sauce cooled a bit, add the stout.
6. Put the marinated meat into a tray and add the vegetable sauce and put the tray in the preheated oven at 180 degree. Roast for 1-2 hours depending on the meat thickness. From time to time, with a large spoon, pour the composition over the meat so that the upper part of the meat will not dry up. When the roast is ready, remove the meat from the pan and then cover it with a lid or in foil and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
7. For the final sauce, the rosemary and the bay are taken from the pan and the vegetables are mixed in a blender to form a very tasty paste that is put on a plate together with the sliced meat. It is a wonderful dish, very tasty and tender together with an exceptional sauce!